While offering various options for patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) occluder therapy, the AmplatzerTM devices share certain characteristics:
- Provide secure positioning in the ductus
- Achieve complete closure
- Promote tissue in-growth
- Provide flexibility and conformability
Backed by a 15-year track record of performance in the U.S.,1 the Amplatzer Duct Occluder can accommodate large PDAs with a single device—which can aid in minimizing the complexity of the procedure.
- Data showing more than 98% complete occlusion at 6 and 12 months2
- A cone shape that can help conform to tapering ducts
- A retention skirt to prevent embolization
Its treatment range:
- Ductus diameter: 3.0-12.0 mm
- Ductus length: > 3.0 mm*
* The AmplatzerTM Duct Occluder can be used in any length defect as long as the device does not extend more than 3 mm into the pulmonary artery or does not occupy over half of the pulmonary artery lumen.
The AmplatzerTM Duct Occluder II is engineered using 2 articulating discs and multi-layered mesh that conforms to most classifications of PDAs.
- Symmetrical design so it can be introduced via pulmonary or aortic approach3
- 6 planes of occlusion for full, cross-sectional coverage4
- Fabric-free design allows for delivery through a low-profile catheter—while still achieving a very high occlusion rate3
A prospective study of the AmplatzerTM Duct Occluder II found that implantation is simple and the ability for retrograde aortic delivery revealed a statistically significant reduction in fluoroscopy time and therefore procedure-related radiation exposure.4
The study furthermore noted a very high rate of complete shunt resolution and a very low rate of complications.4
Its treatment range:
- Ductus diameter: 2.5-5.5 mm
- Ductus length: > 5.0-12.0 mm
The Amplatzer PiccoloTM Occluder is able to occlude a variety of duct sizes, while minimizing protrusion into the aorta and pulmonary artery.
- Low-profile retention discs and end screw—specifically for small anatomy
- Symmetrical design for either pulmonary or aortic approach
- Tightly woven mesh to minimize residual shunt immediately after positioning
- Flexible delivery wire for ease of deployment
AP2947054-WBU Rev. A
- Data on file at Abbott.
- Amplatzer Duct Occluder IFU.
- Saliba Z, et al. The Amplatzer Duct Occluder II: a new device for percutaneous ductus arteriosus closure. J Interven Cardiol. 2009;22:496–502.
- Gruenstein DH, et al. Transcatheter closure of patent ductus arteriosus using the Amplatzer Duct Occluder II (ADO II). Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2017;89:1118–1128. doi: 10.1002/ccd.26968.