The Epic Mitral stented tissue valve with Linx anticalcification (AC) technology is engineered to deliver excellent durability and performance, as well as smooth, streamlined implantability.
With the lowest overall ventricular protrusion in all valve sizes,1-5 the Epic Mitral valve is an exceptional choice for mitral placement by implanting physicians due to:
- Reduced risk of left ventricular outflow tract obstruction6
- No constraint by a specific orientation during implantation
- Easy implantability during minimally invasive surgery (MIS)
The Epic Mitral valve’s triple composite design and unique pericardial shield are designed for durability. It’s important to note that the Epic Mitral valve is based on the same design as the Biocor valve, a bioprosthetic heart valve that is supported by 20 years of published durability data and 25 years of clinical experience.
Learn more about its durability data
*Based on available 10+ and 20+ year retrospective studies.
†No clinical data currently available have evaluated the long-term impact of anticalcification tissue treatment in humans.
AP2947047-WBO Rev. A
- Epic valve [package insert]. Chicago, IL: Abbott; table 1.
- Carpentier-Edwards PERIMOUNT THEON Mitral Replacement System Brochure. #AR00856.
- Edwards PERIMOUNT Magna Mitral Pericardial Bioprosthesis Brochure. #AR01603.
- Medtronic Mosaic Bioprosthesis Aortic and Mitral Brochure. #UC200103933b EN.
- Medtronic Hancock II and Hancock II Ultra Bioprosthesis Brochure.
- Guler N, Ozkara C, Akyol A. Left ventricular outflow tract obstruction after bioprosthetic mitral valve replacement with posterior mitral leaflet preservation. Tex Heart Inst J. 2006;33:399-401.
- Mykén PS, Bech-Hansen O. A 20-year experience of 1712 patients with the Biocor porcine bioprosthesis. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009;137:76-81.