The Epic™ stented tissue valves with Linx™ anticalcification (AC) technology has impressive 10-year durability data. And it stands on the legacy of the 20 years of published durability data and 25 years of clinical experience from the Biocor™ valve.*
AT 10 YEARS
Freedom from SVD,
all patient ages (Epic™ Aortic)2
*Based on available 10+ and 20+ year retrospective studies.
**From stand-alone aortic or mitral valve replacements.
When evaluating longer term data from the Epic valve’s predecessor, the Biocor valve,2 its durability—at all patient ages—is impressive compared to the competing PERIMOUNT‡ valve3 and the Hancock‡ II valve.4,*
ACTUARIAL Freedom from Reoperation due to Structural Valve Deterioration AT 15 YEARS4,5
*NOTE: Data not from head to head studies. Data differences depicted between these trials may not be directly comparable, statistically significant, or clinically meaningful due to differences in trial protocols, endpoints, and/or patient populations. Data provided for informational purposes only.
** Interpolated from Borger data, Figure 5.
- Optimal leaflet design minimizes regurgitation
- Pericardial shield reduces abrasion by creating tissue-to-tissue interface
- 20-year Biocor durability data + Epic 10-year durability data shows outstanding Aortic freedom from failure2,6
Freedom from SVD,
at 20 YEARS6
Strong in vivo hemodynamics
*NOTE: For references 7-10, data not from head to head studies. Data differences depicted between these trials may not be directly comparable, statistically significant, or clinically meaningful due to differences in trial protocols, endpoints, and/or patient populations. Data provided for informational purposes only.
**Pressure Gradients approximated through Epic Aortic SSED data matched with stent size equivalencies for the Epic Supra. Per Abbott Internal engineering specifications, a 19 mm Epic Supra has the same stent size as a 21 mm Epic Aortic and this relationship continues across all Epic Supra valve sizes.
- Lehmann S, Jawad K, Meyer A, et al. Long-term follow-up after porcine xenograft mitral valve replacement. Presented at: 2017 American Association For Thoracic Surgery Mitral Conclave. April 27-28, 2017; New York, NY, USA.
- Lehmann, S, Merk DR, Etz CD, et al. Porcine xenograft for aortic, mitral and double valve replacement: long-term results of 2544 consecutive patients. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2016;49:1150–1156.
- Bourguignon T, Bouquiaux-Stablo AL, Loardi C, et al. Very late outcomes for mitral valve replacement with the Carpentier-Edwards pericardial bioprosthesis: 25-year follow-up of 450 implantations. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014;148:2004-2011.
- Borger MA, Ivanov J, Armstrong S, et al. Twenty-year results of the Hancock II bioprosthesis. J Heart Valve Dis. 2006;15:49-56
- Mykén PS, Bech-Hansen O. A 20-year experience of 1712 patients with the Biocor porcine bioprosthesis. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009;137:76-81
- Eichinger WB, Hettich IM, Ruzicka DJ, et al. Twenty-year experience with the St. Jude Medical Biocor bioprosthesis in the aortic position. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery 2008;86(4):1204-1210.
- Epic™ Supra SSED.
- Mosaic Instructions for Use.
- Resilia Instructions for Use.
- Magna Ease Instructions for Use.