The Epic stented tissue valve with Linx anticalcification (AC) technology has impressive 10-year durability data. And it stands on the legacy of the 20 years of published durability data and 25 years of clinical experience from the Biocor valve.*
*Based on available 10+ and 20+ year retrospective studies.
Epic Valve at 10 Years
Epic Valve at 10 Years
When evaluating longer term data from the Epic valve’s predecessor, the Biocor valve,2 its durability—at all patient ages—is impressive compared to the competing PERIMOUNT valve3 and the Hancock II valve.4,†
ACTUARIAL Freedom from Reoperation due to Structural Valve Deterioration AT 15 YEARS2-4
†Results from different clinical trials are not directly comparable. Information provided for educational purposes only.
‡ Interpolated from Borger data, Figure 5.
Robust Evidence on Long-Term OutcomesPia Mykén, et al.2
The 20-year data “provides some of the most robust evidence available on long-term outcomes after bioprosthetic heart valve replacement. Long-term durability is the most important parameter when evaluating bioprosthesis, and these results clearly demonstrate the excellent durability of the Biocor bioprosthesis over 20 years.”
In addition to its durability, the Epic Mitral valve exhibits impressive rates of freedom from adverse event.5
§ From mitral valve replacement, not double valve replacement
AP2947047-WBO Rev. A
- Lehmann S, Jawad K, Meyer A, et al. Long-term follow-up after porcine xenograft mitral valve replacement. Presented at: American Association for Thoracic Surgery Mitral Conclave; April 27-28, 2017; New York, NY USA.
- Mykén PS, Bech-Hansen O. A 20-year experience of 1712 patients with the Biocor porcine bioprosthesis. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009;137:76-81.
- Bourguignon T, Bouquiaux-Stablo AL, Loardi C, et al. Very late outcomes for mitral valve replacement with the Carpentier-Edwards pericardial bioprosthesis: 25-year follow-up of 450 implantations. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014;148:2004-2011.
- Borger MA, Ivanov J, Armstrong S, et al. Twenty-year results of the Hancock II bioprosthesis. J Heart Valve Dis. 2006;15:49-56.
- Lehmann S, et al. Mid-term results after Epic™ xenograft implantation for aortic, mitral, and double valve replacement. J Heart Valve Dis. 2007;16:641-648.