The Amplatzer line offers proven transcatheter closure, and the Amulet LAA Occluder is designed for complete occlusion of the left atrial appendage (LAA) at the ostium.
The Amplatzer Amulet consists of a lobe and disc, connected by a flexible waist and is constructed from a nitinol mesh and a polyester patch. While the lobe is retained within the neck of the LAA and stabilized by retention wires, the disc seals the LAA orifice.1
The Amplatzer Amulet device offers the broadest size range of occluders on the market today,2 accommodating a lobe diameter of 16-34 mm.
Proximal device positioning allows for proper placement regardless of:
- Distal anatomy of the LAA2
- Presence of multiple distal lobes2
For future fluoroscopy reference, the device includes 2 radiopaque markers at the microscrews and 2 equally spaced radiopaque threads on the device lobe.
Offering Full Coverage, Flexibility, Repositioning
The Amplatzer Amulet LAA Occluder is constructed with flexible braided Nitinol mesh. It provides:
- The ability to be recaptured and repositioned if necessary
- Full cross-sectional orifice coverage
- Controlled, precise deployment
Accurate positioning can be accomplished with minimal steps because the Amulet LAA Occluder:
- Is preloaded for streamlined preparation
- Is a single piece cable designed for ease of delivery and better control during deployment
- Has a long waist, allowing for more flexible placement within the LAA
This LAA occluder is designed to provide a complete seal, with its ability to conform to the inner wall of the LAA. Part of the construction includes the Intaglio wire treatment to reduce nickel leaching.3
AP2947041-WBO Rev. A
- Tzikas A, et al. Left atrial appendage occlusion with the Amplatzer Amulet for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation: the first case in Greece. Hellenic J Cardio. 2013(54):408-412.
- Amplatzer Amulet Left Atrial Appendage Occluder IFU.
- Abbott Internal Lab Testing.