For Confidence Beyond Measure
The primary treatment option for atrial septal defects (ASD) is percutaneous, transcatheter closure, and Abbott’s Amplatzer™ Septal Occluder is the proven standard of care1,2—with more than 20 years of global clinical experience in ASD closure.3
The Amplatzer line not only pioneered structural heart defect occluder devices, it remains the leader in innovation and treatment worldwide.
- 98.5% closure rate with no significant residual shunt (less than 2 mm) at 1 year4
- Low major and minor complication rates at 2 years5
*Data on file at Abbott.
Amplatzer has an unmatched track record of over 20 years of experience in effective structural heart therapies.5 It also offers exceptional safety data, which is significant given that the Amplatzer Septal Occluder is the most studied transcatheter ASD closure device on the market.
MAT-2008368 v1.0 | Item approved for Global OUS use only.
- Kashour TS, Latroche B, Elhoury ME, et al. Successful percutaneous closure of a secundum atrial septal defect through femoral approach in a patient with interrupted inferior vena cava. Congenit Heart Dis. 2010;5:620–623.
- Tadros VX, Asgar AW. Transcatheter closure of atrial septal defects: an update on ASD occlusion devices. Card Interv Today. 2016; March-April.
- Data on file at Abbott.
- Amplatzer Septal Occluder IFU.
- Turner DR, Owada CY, Sang II CJ, et al. Closure of secundum atrial septal defects with the Amplatzer Septal Occluder: a prospective, multicenter, post-approval study. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2017;10:e004212