- DURABLE NITINOL WIRE MESH WITH POLYESTHER FABRIC THREAD
Excellent visibility under flouoro
- ASYMMETRIC DOUBLE DISC DESIGN
Minimizes material in the left atrium*
- INTAGLIO WIRE TREATMENT
Designed to reduce nickel leaching2
Implanting the Amplatzer PFO Occluder is easy and straightforward, with no need for a lengthy learning curve for successful insertion.
Unique Self-Expanding Discs
Linked by a short-connecting waist, the discs align to the PFO with no need for an additional “locking” step
8F & 9F introducer sheaths for multiple sizes (18, 25, 30, 35 mm) enable treatment of patients with smaller vasculature
Fully Recapturable, Repositional
This allows for confirmation of proper placement prior to final release of the device
There are multiple device sizes to address cardiovascular structural differences. In addition, the flexible, narrow waist of the device ensures that each disc is well apposed to the septal wall.
AP2947037-WBO Rev. A
* On the most commonly used sizes (25 mm and 35 mm devices)
- Saver JL, et al. Long-term outcomes of patent foramen ovale closure or medical therapy after stroke.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377:1022-1032. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1610057.
- Based on internal lab testing. Data on file at Abbott.