- DURABLE NITINOL WIRE MESH WITH POLYESTER FABRIC THREAD
Excellent visibility under fluoro
- ASYMMETRIC DOUBLE DISC DESIGN
Minimizes material in the left atrium*
- INTAGLIO WIRE TREATMENT
Designed to reduce nickel leaching2
Implanting the Amplatzer PFO Occluder is easy and straightforward, with no need for a lengthy learning curve for successful insertion.
Unique Self-Expanding Discs
Linked by a short-connecting waist, the discs align to the PFO with no need for an additional “locking” step
8F & 9F introducer sheaths for multiple sizes (18, 25, 30, 35 mm) enable treatment of patients with smaller vasculature
Fully Recapturable, REPOSITIONABLE
This allows for confirmation of proper placement prior to final release of the device
There are multiple device sizes to address cardiovascular structural differences. In addition, the flexible, narrow waist of the device ensures that each disc is well apposed to the septal wall.
MAT-2010605 v1.0 | Item approved for Global OUS use only.
* On the most commonly used sizes (25 mm and 35 mm devices)
- Saver JL, Carroll JD, Thaler DE, et al. Long-term outcomes of patent foramen ovale closure or medical therapy after stroke. N Engl J Med. 2017;377:1022-1032. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1610057.
- Based on internal lab testing. Data on file at Abbott.